London – this is one of my absolute favorite cities and this is not only in the city itself, but on the whole the trappings. You can literally inhale the creativity.
Who is looking for trends in music and fashion, will quickly find it in London.
Where trends are born.
It is as would be the people in the cradle style been.
As some know, I was recently 2.5 days and thus much briefly in London.
However, I did again and again new discoveries.
Tips and experiences
- Getting there: I’m very low for only 100 EUR and German Wings and flown back from KolnBonn out. It is of course even more affordable with Ryan air, but the airports are of course as always far away. It is preferred certainly with the bus, but that I would discourage anyone. Depending on where you arrive you should plan about 20 euro for the round-trip from the airport.
- Getting around: it is most useful with bus and train. This I would strongly advise you to get an Oystercard. They can charge you any money and to use public transport. As is calculated exactly now, am I not behind have unfortunately, but as I understood it, it works on time.
- Lodging: Accommodations in London are expensive. Very expensive. And if they aren’t, then there is still a catch. Always. Best you have friends in London or rent you an apartment ex. here
- Schedules enough money for food. The prices for a reasonable meal cannot be compared with ours and tries as much as possible even to cook especially.
Unfortunately, I was in no place, I would tell you so.
Maybe knows her one?
- Highlight is a Topshop as always. Anyone who has even a rudimentary interest in fashion, should necessarily there. I get out every totally inspired there. Only the storefronts are a dream and show easy what trend will only be with us in a few months.
But the Oxford Street is an experience in itself generally…
River Island, forever 21, Urban Outfitters, Miss Selfridge, next, Primark, New Look, Aldo,… Here all large chains are really available and thanks to extra long times can also while shopping…
Camden market is now very touristy worth a visit, but still.
Now in the market itself, or in one of the many small (or even large) shops such as the many shoe shops.
Worth visiting is definitely “All Saints”.
Have hot clothes, I can tell you, just unfortunately not for my purse…
- But if you are looking for just long enough, you can find really, great bargains.
And this brings us to another highlight:
- Namely the label the happy shack.
The owner has easily accommodated the own shop with a small Studio in Camden market,
but I could not tell you the best will exactly where.
But the shop is pure overkill in the best sense.
Pop, plastic and rivets for a brilliant mix come together here.
A large and very attractions highlight is the Brick Lane Street in General.
Here are tons of vintage shops and other great stores with loud things that not everyone has guaranteed.
On Sunday, it is worth especially to go himself.
All shops are open and there is a large market place, where you can haggle a bit to great merchandise.
Seen, and immediately falls in love. I must say yes, I celebrate the hard and wonder how this doozy on shop just escaped me?
The images I were eventually also very familiar, and probably also in General anyone who spends a little time on Tumblr.
I have a new favorite label on each case.
London is one of my favorite cities in europe. That’s not only because of the city’s architecture but its own spirit.
You can feel the creativity in the air and breathe it in.
New fashion and music trends are born right here before they find their way to germany.
Some of you might know, that I’ve recently been to London for a few days and everytime I’m there I discover new, cool places and other good stuff.
Tips and experiences
- I was lucky that I found a cheap flight with German Wings for only 100 EUR. You can fly even cheaper with Ryan Air, but the airports are too far away. The cheapest way is to travel by bus, but I can’t recommend it! Remember to keep some extra money for the bus to London City. Depending on where you land it costs about 20 EUR to buy a ticket.
- The best way to travel around London is by metro. Therefore I would recommend you to buy an oytercard and put some money on it although I still don’t get how much you pay for one single tour. I think you pay for the time you are underground.
- It’s sooo expensive to live in London and most hotels suck. The best way is to have some friends living there and if you don’t have anybody it’s better to rent an apartment, e.g. here.
- The food is very expensive in London so it’s better to cook as much as possible by yourself. Unfortunately I haven’t been in a restaurant or a bar I’d recommend to you. Maybe you have some recommendations?
- My all time favourite is Topshop and everyone who’s interested in fashion should check out the shop on oxford street. Everytime I’m there I feel unbelievably inspirated. But anyway you won’t return from oxford street without any bags as you will find all the chains here: River Island, Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, Miss Selfridge, Next, Primark, New Look, Aldo,…. and don’t worry about the closing time, some shops are even open until 10pm!
- This little shop I found placed somewhere (I really cant tell you where exactly) in the labyrinth of camden market. This label is crazy and the absolut overkill – in a good way. It’s a great mixture of pop, plastic and studs. You really need to find it!
You should really go and visit Brick Lane Street. Here you will find many vintage shops and other cool shops (Religion, etc.) with a lot of unique stuff. Especially on sundays all the shops are open and there is a big market where you can find many great things. I found a very special label there:
The Misfits performing at Islington Academy
File:Canaletto (II) 018.jpg
Experts defuse unexploded World War II bomb in London
House in Belgravia
James Todd | Unilever, London
Capture of Dunstable
Christopher Thompson Gallery
File:Inside the British Museum, London
Iain Faulkner Gallery
The Jonas Brothers
File:Ford Belina vermelho.jpg
Theatrical and Cinema Archives in the Hunter Region
File:Jan Breughel de Jonge
Refresh for New Photos
Lido Venezia, 250 milioni per rilancio
London in Colour During WW2 [14 Pics]