The United States is made up of 50 states. In 1776, the first US states emerged from the 13 colonies. Since then, the number of states in the United States has risen steadily, for example through the Louisiana Purchase or the accession to Texas.
Medical school or medical faculty is a tertiary educational institution or part of the institution, which is involved in the education of future medical practitioners or medical doctors. To be admitted, you will need to take the MCAT exam (which stands for Medical College Admission Test). Click to see more medicine acronyms or learn more medical schools on Wikipedia.
The following is a list of best medical schools in the United States. Please click the links below to view college of medicine in U.S.
The United States is divided into four diverse natural areas: the Appalachian Mountains, the Cordilleras, the central flatlands and the coastal plains on the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
Of the total of 323 million residents, 234 million are white, 41 million black, 29.5 million Latin Americans, 15 million Asians and around 3.6 million indigenous Native Americans. The average population density is approximately 35 residents per km².
Official languages are American English and (regional) Spanish.
Favored by the natural diversity, the rich raw material deposits and the climatic differentiation, the USA is among the leading and particularly innovative states in many areas of the economy. The US economy is characterized by the strict market economy and the strong concentration of production and services in large companies and corporations.
|Compared to Central European Standard Time (CET), there are the following time differences in the United States :|
|Eastern Standard Time||– 6 hours|
|Central Standard Time||– 7 hours|
|Mountain standard time||– 8 hours|
|Pacific Standard Time||– 9 hours|
|Alaska Time||– 10 hours|
|Hawaii Time||– 11 hours|
|New York||– 5 hours (winter time)||– 6 hours (summer time)|
|California||– 8 hours (winter time)||– 9 hours (summer time)|
Summer time (“daylight savings program”), in most United States (+1 hour), lasts from the first Sunday in April to the second to last Saturday in October. However, in some countries there is no daylight saving time.
The time is always given with numbers between 1 and 12. on = morning; pm = afternoon. In the case of timetables, the time of day is often only differentiated by the font (bold, etc.), please note the corresponding explanations.
|Mass and weight|
|1 foot||=||0.3048 m||1 square yard||=||0.836126 sqm|
|1 yard||=||3 feet = 0.9144 m||1 acre (morning)||=||4840 yards² = 4046.8 m²|
|1 mile||=||1.6093 km||1 square mile||=||2.59 km²|
|1 pint||=||0.4732 l||1 ounce||=||28.35 g|
|1 quart||=||2 pints = 0.9464 l||1 pound||=||16 ounces = 453.59 g|
|1 gallon||=||4 quarts = 3.7853 l|
In the United States, temperatures are in degrees Fahrenheit, not degrees Celsius:
F ° = (C ° x 1.8) + 32
C ° = (F ° – 32) x 5: 9
Offices and shops are closed on the following days: New Year’s Day (January 1st), Martin Luther King Day (January 15th), President’s Day (3rd Monday in February), Easter Monday, Memorial Day (last Monday in May) , Independence Day (4th July), Labor Day (1st Monday in September), Columbus Day (2nd Monday in October), Veteran’s Day (11th November), Thanksgiving (last Thursday in November), Christmas Day (25th December).
Money Currency: 1 US dollar = 100 cents
All notes are exactly the same size. Newer banknotes differ from each other in their light tint. With older notes, the distinction was difficult because all were printed in the same color combination black and green. There are 1, 2 (rare), 5, 10 (orange), 20 (green), 50 (violet) and 100 dollar (blue-green) banknotes. Coins come in 1 cent (penny), 5 cents (nickel), 10 cents (dime), 25 cents (quarter), 50 cents (half dollars – rare) and 1 dollar (buck).
You should only take a small part of the travel budget with you in cash – ideally smaller notes – so that you have money immediately upon arrival. The rest is best paid with credit cards. You can withdraw money from the machine (ATM) on site with the Maestro ATM card (please have it activated in Europe). Switching foreign currencies in the US has become difficult and takes a long time.
In almost all shops and hotels, the widely used credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Diners, American Express) are accepted. It is customary not to pay larger amounts in cash. At the check-in, all hotels require an empty credit card printout for expenses in the room (minibar, Pay-TV etc.), otherwise a deposit must be made in cash (often up to USD 150). Some hotels do not rent rooms without a credit card deposit! Although North America is home to credit cards, they are often not accepted, especially in remote areas.
The prices depend on the dollar exchange rate. When making purchases, please note that the local sales tax is not included in the advertised prices, but is only added when the invoice is issued. In some states, no sales tax is levied.
Climate and Clothing
The climate zones in the United States range from the frosty north to the sunny south. General tips for the right travel clothing are therefore not possible. It is advisable to look at the respective climate tables (see the individual posts on our website) to get an impression of what temperatures are expected. The summer months are warm almost everywhere – but the coolest is in Alaska, Oregon, Washington State and northern New England. In winter almost everywhere you need warm clothing similar to that in Europe. The southern states are the most likely exceptions. But even in Florida and California, temperatures can drop to freezing between December and February – and even lower in higher altitudes.
Climate on the East Coast
The climate differences between the individual states on the East Coast of America are considerable. While the north struggles with ice and snow in winter, the south often has warm weather. In summer it is warm to hot everywhere, sometimes humid. Cyclones can occur in the south between June and November. Local newspapers and television provide detailed information about the weather. Note that in America the temperature is not measured in Celsius, but in Fahrenheit. Spring is the best time to visit Washington, DC, New York, and the southern states. In New England, on the other hand, autumn is particularly beautiful with its bright red-gold colored deciduous trees.
Southwestern United States climate
The southwest can be visited all year round. The different microclimate in the different regions is primarily determined by the altitude. In the high areas in northern Arizona, New Mexico and southern Utah, the winters are cold and snowy – making them perfect travel destinations for winter sports enthusiasts. Warm, sunny winters attract thousands of visitors to the lower regions of the southern regions. One example is Phoenix / Arizona, which has a pleasant average temperature of 21 ° C in the “cold” season, but is similar to an oven in July and August with an average of 37 ° C. The ideal travel times here are spring and autumn: the southwest is less crowded at these times, the mild temperatures are particularly favorable for hiking or other outdoor activities. However, you may have to do without some highlights in the off-season. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon (in northern Arizona) is only open between May and October. Even the peaks at the ancient Indian site of Mesa Verde in Colorado can be snowed until April or May and therefore inaccessible. Whichever travel time you choose, the sun will almost certainly be with you every day. After all, it appears over 200 days a year in the north of the region and over 300 days a year in the southern regions! Whichever travel time you choose, the sun will almost certainly be with you every day. After all, it appears over 200 days a year in the north of the region and over 300 days a year in the southern regions! Whichever travel time you choose, the sun will almost certainly be with you every day. After all, it appears over 200 days a year in the north of the region and over 300 days a year in the southern regions!
We recommend comfortable and not too tight clothing and light footwear for the flight. During the stay casual clothing is sufficient, evening wear (suit, tie, costume, cocktail dress) is expected for theater visits and for “festive” dinners – tuxedo etc. not necessary! Warm clothes are needed for cool evenings and air-conditioned rooms. In winter you need a jacket or a coat. Casual clothing is appropriate in the resorts. An umbrella is useful in every season.
Countries in Alphabetical Order
- Climate and Weather of Traunkirchen, Austria (10/4/2022) - The climate of Traunkirchen According to GLOBALSCIENCELLC, the village of Traunkirchen, which counts less than two thousand souls, is located on the Traunsee, in the state of Upper Austria. Traunkirchen is above all a cute village that is blessed with… [...]
- Climate and Weather of Mellieha Bay, Malta (9/30/2022) - The climate of Mellieha Bay According to Topschoolsintheusa, Mellieha Bay on the island of Malta has a Mediterranean climate. Dry, warm summers and mild, wet winters are the climatic characteristics of Malta. In the winter months there is often a… [...]
- Climate and Weather of Freeport, Bahamas (9/29/2022) - The climate of Freeport According to shoppingpicks, Freeport is located on the northern island of Grand Bahama. Freeport is a free trade zone, where companies do not have to pay taxes. As a result, Freeport has grown into the second… [...]
- Climate and Weather of Tilburg, Netherlands (9/28/2022) - The climate of Tilburg According to gradinmath, Tilburg is one of the largest cities in the Netherlands and is located in the central part of North Brabant. In total, more than 200,000 people live in Tilburg. Tilburg is located in… [...]
- Climate and Weather of Terres Basses, Saint Martin (9/27/2022) - The climate of Terres Basses According to ezhoushan, Terres-Basses is one of the most beautiful parts of the island of Sint Maarten. This neighborhood is just in the French-speaking part, so you are in the French overseas territory of Saint-Martin.… [...]
- Climate and Weather of Auxerre, France (9/26/2022) - The climate of Auxerre Auxerre is a beautiful small town in the heart of the Yonne department and part of the historic Burgundy region. As with places in the Burgundy region, Auxerre's history goes all the way back to the… [...]
- Climate and Weather of Ammoudara, Greece (9/22/2022) - The climate of Ammoudara There are two places in Crete called Ammoudara. Here we describe the climate of the village just south of Agios Nikolaos. The Ammoudara (or Amoudara with one 'm') located west of Heraklion has a similar climate… [...]
- Climate and Weather of Ghasric, Malta (9/15/2022) - The climate of Ghasric According to shopareview, Ghasri is a small village in the central northern part of the Maltese island of Gozo. It is the smallest town on the island of Gozo and, after Mdina, the smallest in the… [...]
- Climate and Weather of Aus, Namibia (9/8/2022) - The climate of Aus According to citypopulationreview, Aus is a small village in the southern part of Namibia. It lies on the railway that runs between the towns of Keetmanshoop and Lüderitz . The village is known to most tourists… [...]
- Climate and Weather of Igman, Bosnia and Herzegovina (9/1/2022) - The climate of the Igman The Igman is a mountain southwest of Sarajevo and belongs to the Dinaric Mountains. The Igman is a popular winter sports destination in Bosnia and Herzegovina and a number of events were held here during… [...]